It is with sadness we are informing you of the passing of CW4(R) Walt Schulz. Walt served as the Executive Director for the National Guard Association of Minnesota for over 14 years, from 1997 to 2012. See information below,
WALTER DAVID SCHULZ
(March 25, 1940 - November 23, 2016)
Visitation will be held from 6-8 PM on Thursday, December 1, 2016 at Wevley
Funeral Home in Sebeka, MN and one hour prior to the service at the church.
Funeral Services will be held Friday, 11:00 AM December 2, 2016 at Grace
Lutheran Church in Sebeka, MN. Interment will be held at Zion Cemetery.
NGAMN Board of Directors
Advocate and represent all Members and Families of the Minnesota National Guard (MNNG); Past, Present, and Future.
- Military retirement pay exempt from state taxes - passed in 2016
- Member organization for the Soldiers, Airmen and Families of the Minnesota National Guard.
- Free 1st year membership in NGAMN to all new Officer/Warrant members of the MNNG.
- State Sponsored Life Insurance Program (SSLI) providing outstanding benefit to members AND families not available through SGLI.
- Free $10,000 one year life insurance to all new members of MNNG.
- Scholarship program for any active member, retired life member, alumni life member, or spouse/child/grandchild of an active member or retired/alumni life member of NGAMN.
- Advocate within the state and nationally to promote those issues which will enhance the combat readiness of the MNNG.
- Care for the well-being of the MNNG soldiers, airmen and their families.
- Successful in lobbying for dozens of benefits such as enlistment bonuses, upgrades to weapon systems and equipment, tax exempt state drill pay as well as AGR pay and many more.
- Fully supports the advocacy of NGAUS and EANGUS at the National level.
- Member organization operated by service members, for service members.